Cuisine: Frozen Yogurt/Desserts
Last visited: August 7, 09
Price Range: $10 or less
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
- Frozen yogurt franchise originating from Southern California by American Koreans
- Started the recent frozen yogurt craze
- Most popular frozen yogurt chain in the US
- Healthy frozen yogurt, with a tang
- Non-fat, low-fat flavours
- Contains live and active cultures
- Carries seal of approval from National Yogurt Association
**Recommendation: I like the Original flavour, but it really depends on what you like. The NEW Pinkberry fruit parfait is a deal – $3.95USD same price as a small w/ 2 toppings.
Pinkberry started the soft serve frozen yogurt craze. I wouldn’t say it’s the original frozen yogurt, because Yogen Fruz, and TCBY and several other family owned and operated yogurt places existed before it. But Pinkberry still remains the most recognized soft serve frozen yogurt franchise in the US, especially in California. It is good, but then I tried 21 Choices – and 21 Choices swallowed Pinkberry in the competition. Pinkberry has great marketing and a cute and contemporary atmosphere, but talking about great frozen yogurt – 21 Choicestakes the spot!
- Toppings: Coconut, granola
- The Original flavour is quite tart.
- This was my favourite out of the bunch. Nice and crunchy.
- Toppings: Cap n’ Crunch, pineapple
- Great combination. Tart and sweet, as long as the Cap n’ Crunch stays crispy its delish! The pineapple is fresh too.
- Toppings: Coconut, almonds
- It was not bad, but since the frozen yogurt base is so tangy, I found the tangy coconut flavour kind of odd.
- The coconut and coconut didn’t really do much.
- $3.95USD – same price as a small w/ 2 toppings
- 7 layers: layers of fresh fruits. honey almond granola and original frozen yogurt
- Fresh fruit includes: blueberries, strawberries, more yogurt, kiwi, pineapple
- Passion Fruit Frozen Yogurt
- Extra tangy and tart… tangier than the Original flavour for sure.
- Pomegranate Frozen Yogurt
- Not bad, and I liked it a bit more than the passion fruit. Again tangier than the Original flavour.
- Coconut Frozen Yogurt
- It was not bad, but again tangy coconut yogurt is kind of odd.