Sorry! Restaurant is now CLOSED.
Restaurant: Tim’s Dessert House – Review on eggballs
Last visited: Oct. 17, 09
Location: Richmond, BC
Address: Unit 3250 – 4151 Hazelbridge Way (Inside Aberdeen Mall food court)
Price Range: $10 or less
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Food: 3 (Just on eggballs)
- Family owned and operated
- Specializes in traditional Chinese egg batter desserts
- Fresh, made upon order homemade desserts
- Relatively healthy dessert – very light not as much sugar
- Eat as dessert or snack
- Gift boxes available
- Cash only
** Recommendation: n/a
Eggballs are very light and lightly sweetened waffles made out of an egg batter. It’s light, crisp on the outside and and each bubble has a chewy soft centre. I’m obsessed with trying to find the best eggballs in town. My next stop – Tim’s Dessert House. It’s easy to find in the Aberdeen food court, and I find they looked better than they tastes. They’re generally not bad, but there’s better out there. A lot of people like them here, but I’m very picky on my Chinese egg waffles or eggballs.
On the table:
- This is the Chinese version of a waffle. It’s made of flour, eggs, milk and sugar. They put it in a special eggball waffle maker and it comes out like the above.
- For a further description of the Chinese eggball dessert.
- They’re good, but there’s better.
- At Tim’s they use a bit too much flour in the egg batter so their eggballs come out too dense and kind of hard. The ones at Your Dessert are better.
- The trick is to pour the perfect amount of batter into the waffle maker. They pour too much batter so they’re unable to create that crispy exterior that makes eggballs so good. It’s not airy and light.
- The flavour of the batter is ok, but the dense texture was distracting for me.
- Yes it is made fresh and upon order, but it doesn’t matter when the batter/cooking technique isn’t right.
- They also sell the eggrolls, but I haven’t tried them or seen them making it fresh. They could though, I just haven’t seen it.