Area: Vancouver, BC (Downtown/Yaletown)
350 Davie Street
Price Range: $10-201: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Food: 1.5 (for the 2 things I tried)
- The Opus Hotel Bar/Lounge
- Offers gourmet bar food/tapas
- Savoury and Sweet small bites
- Very nice, but pretentious atmosphere
- Offers bigger tapas/smaller tapas
- Banks on the name to carry the food
- Go for drinks/atmosphere
It definitely has that Yaletown feel and attracts the yuppies that live in the area. With its impressive interior and upscale decor you would expect the food to match to some degree…but it didn’t and I was so disappointed. The food came across as “you don’t really order food at Opus Lounge”. Does that make sense? I felt like they used the Opus name to carry them and the food did not come up to standards of what they aim for.
- ily creation $10
- The positive: thin crust and a decent size, I expected smaller.
- It was a thin crust pizza with housemade marinara sauce, salami, cheddar cheese an chopped fresh basil.
- This was one of the oiliest pizza’s I’ve ever had. No joke. I don’t know if the salami made it extra oily. It wasn’t even necessarily greasy or heavy, but just oily. Literally oil everywhere. My whole plate was oily, my lips were slippery and that’s hard to do with a thin crust pizza. They needed to let the oil absorb on something before plating it. It was really gross.
- They also need to adjust their oven temperature because the pizza crust was and tasted a bit burnt. The marinara was just pureed tomatoes. They didn’t flavour it much, but they didn’t really need to. At least I could taste the fresh tomatoes.