Cuisine: American/Fast food
Last visited: December 18, 09
Area: Multiple locations – I was at Vancouver, BC (Chinatown/Tinseltown)
Price Range: $10 or less
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
S’mores Pie: 3
S’mores Sundae (my own creation): 4
Recommendation/Tasty Twist Idea: Make a S’mores McFlurry or sundae and add nuts if you wish
So I finally tried it! I had tweeted (Twitter: followmefoodie) about this about a week ago after driving by a McDonald’s advertising “S’mores Pie 2 for $1.39″. Since then I’ve been meaning to try it. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it too…mix it with ice cream!
I usually do my apple pie McFlurry. I’ll get them to blend an apple pie up in my ice cream. They might look at you like “what the heck?”…but just ask them and they’ll do it. It melts fast, so you need to eat it fast, but that’s no challenge for me. I decided to make a S’mores sundae rather than a McFlurry because I wanted to try the S’mores alone too.
One of the best S’mores I’ve had was at Earls over the summer. Surprised? I was! I usually would never order S’mores because it’s such an easy dessert to make at home and most of the time I find them too sweet. However I’m so glad I tried the one at Earls. It was a special feature dessert for summer ’09 so too bad it’s not offered anymore. It was a gourmet S’more with this homemade graham cracker cookie/cake and it came with chocolate and vanilla gelato. I introduced 4 friends to it and none of them were real fans of S’mores (for the same reason I’m not)…and ALL of them liked it.
On the table:
S’mores Pie – 3/6
**S’mores Sundae (my own creation): 4/6
- A standard McDonald’s pie, but filled with chocolate and marshmallow
- 2 for $1.39
- You need to take it as it is…it’s McDonalds, it’s 2 for $1.39 – it does the job, even if it doesn’t your loss really isn’t that bad…
- The marshmallow is more like a marshmallow cream
- The chocolate is almost like chocolate sauce, kind of reminds me of their chocolate sundae sauce
- Chocolate isn’t very thick and obviously it’s not high quality…it’s McDonald’s, what do you expect right?
- Together it’s all quite ooey gooey
- I think it worked, it was sweet, but that’s a given
- Eat it with ice cream, it offsets the sweetness