Restaurant: The Hub Restaurant & Lounge – The Pazookie Post
Cuisine: American/Pub food
Last visited: December 1, 09
Area: Vancouver, BC (Yaletown/Downtown)
Address: 1165 Mainland Street
Price Range: $10-20
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Chocolate Chip Pazookie: 6
This post is dedicated to the Chocolate Chip Pazookie because it was that good. Simple recipe, but the execution is what made it 6/6.
The idea was adapted, I think from the UK, but The Hub could be first to introduce the “Pazookie” to Vancouver. I’m so glad that they did because it’s brilliant. I will come here just for this, and in the last week since having it I’ve dreamed about it at least 6X’s and brought it up randomly because I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s rich, it’s indulgent, it’s comfort/go-to/break-up/reliable dessert that all ages would enjoy. It’s a cookie that’s so soft you eat it with a spoon.
My post on other items at The Hub – here.
**Chocolate Chip Pazookie – 6/6
- Served piping hot in a cast iron pan, vanilla gelato $7
- Seriously…a dessert you’ll moan over…replacement for a…ok I’ll stop there. One of the best cookies/inventions. It’s a giant chocolate chip cookie, probably 6 inches in diameter that is freshly baked in house and upon order.
- What’s so different and great about this cookie is that it’s baked right in an iron skillet. The whole skillet goes into the oven and because it’s an iron skillet it retains heat. Therefore you get a cookie right out of the oven and it keeps tasting like it’s right out of the because of the skillet.
- It tastes like a half baked cookie…it’s a cross between a cookie and a brownie. It’s chewy, tender, VERY soft and moist and melt in your mouth delicious. I want it now…seriously. The cookie dough itself tastes like those English Bay chocolate chip cookies…it actually could be, but I don’t know…
- To top off this cookie they put a scoop of vanilla gelato on top! It’s PERFECT! Who doesn’t like ice cream with their cookies?!? It was like a cookie/brownie/ice cream sandwich all in one. What more could you ask for?!?…except for maybe another order.
For my post on other items at The Hub – here