Restaurant: The Hub Restaurant & Lounge – The Pazookie Post
Cuisine: American/Pub food
Last visited: December 1, 09
Area: Vancouver, BC (Yaletown/Downtown)
Address: 1165 Mainland Street
Price Range: $10-20
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very Good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Chocolate Chip Pazookie: 6
This post is dedicated to the Chocolate Chip Pazookie because it was that good. Simple recipe, but the execution is what made it 6/6.
The idea was adapted, I think from the UK, but The Hub could be first to introduce the “Pazookie” to Vancouver. I’m so glad that they did because it’s brilliant. I will come here just for this, and in the last week since having it I’ve dreamed about it at least 6X’s and brought it up randomly because I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s rich, it’s indulgent, it’s comfort/go-to/break-up/reliable dessert that all ages would enjoy. It’s a cookie that’s so soft you eat it with a spoon.
My post on other items at The Hub – here.
**Chocolate Chip Pazookie – 6/6
- Served piping hot in a cast iron pan, vanilla gelato $7
- Seriously…a dessert you’ll moan over…replacement for a…ok I’ll stop there. One of the best cookies/inventions. It’s a giant chocolate chip cookie, probably 6 inches in diameter that is freshly baked in house and upon order.
- What’s so different and great about this cookie is that it’s baked right in an iron skillet. The whole skillet goes into the oven and because it’s an iron skillet it retains heat. Therefore you get a cookie right out of the oven and it keeps tasting like it’s right out of the because of the skillet.
- It tastes like a half baked cookie…it’s a cross between a cookie and a brownie. It’s chewy, tender, VERY soft and moist and melt in your mouth delicious. I want it now…seriously. The cookie dough itself tastes like those English Bay chocolate chip cookies…it actually could be, but I don’t know…
- To top off this cookie they put a scoop of vanilla gelato on top! It’s PERFECT! Who doesn’t like ice cream with their cookies?!? It was like a cookie/brownie/ice cream sandwich all in one. What more could you ask for?!?…except for maybe another order.
For my post on other items at The Hub – here
Very nice! The BJ's Brewery chain in the US has a similar dish called Pizookie and it's so good! It's also served in a skillet and is baked to order. Yum! Comfort food! Yeah you gave it a 6! Isn't it great how sometimes the simplest desserts like this are just so good?!
It looks great, yet looks so wrong at the same time! While it looks and taste different, the same concept reminded me of a side dish I had in Scottsdale: on a cast iron skillet, put mashed sweet potato, top it with marshmallow and pecans and bake it. It was mad sugar rush afterwards… 🙂
Oh fur sure!! Being a foodie, I underestimate the simplest desserts sometimes…I often go for the most adventurous or exotic thing on the menu…but sometimes a good simple recipe and solid execution is all you need.
Oh Kim..why did you have to tell me that!?? That sounds delicious and you know how I love my desserts!
The Pazookie is definitely tastes so good, but oh soo bad for you! If you're going to have dessert…do it right though!
Here's a recipe to make them at home. You'll also find the original creators of the Pizookie at the listed link.
Great! Thanks so much for the link, I'm sure Follow Me Foodie readers will appreciate it!
How about me showing you a picture of that? 🙂
OMGG that casserole looks delicious…I don't think I can find that in Vancouver 🙁