Restaurant: McDonald’s – Creme Brulee McFlurry Review
Cuisine: Fast Food/American
Last visited: February 11, 2010
Area: Multiple locations – Vancouver, BC
Address: #120 – 1055 West Georgia Street (In Royal Centre)
Price range: $10 or less
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
Crème Brulee McFlurry – 2.5
I finally tried the Crème Brulee McFlurry. It’s been the McDonald’s holiday special for sometime now and I guess it’s been doing pretty well considering it’s still on the menu and the holidays are way past.
The inspiration to try it was actually thanks to Kim. We were on a pre-dinner break so decided to give it a try while walking by. Although I’m not a fan of crème brulee I do love McDonald’s ice cream and can pretty much have it at all times of the day. In fact I think I have it at least twice a week.
They launched the Crème Brulee McFlurry around the same time as the S’more Pie, and I actually prefer that more than this. Actually, I prefer my own creation the S’more Pie Sundae even more.
On the table
Crème Brulee McFlurry – 3/6
- Vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and toffee bits
- Okay first off, I really enjoy McDonald’s ice cream
- I’m not really a fan of crème brulee, caramel or toffee
- It’s too sweet for me – I think there’s 2 pumps of caramel sauce and 2 heaping spoonfuls of ground toffee bits (for a small size) and then they blend it all up
- If you like Skor – you’ll like this (except there’s no chocolate)
- If you like caramel sundae – you’ll like this
- It doesn’t taste like a crème brulee, but it’s a nice imitation for McDonald’s
- I think they’re just mimicking the burnt sugar part of crème brulee with the hard/crunchy toffee bits
- I still prefer my S’more Pie Sundae or best yet my Apple Pie McFlurry!