Restaurant: Food court at The Pavilion Mall
Last visited: April 23, 2010
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
+6 03 2118 8833
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
- Tons of food establishments
- Lot of variety, very international
- Fast food
- Healthy food
- Casual cafes
- Gourmet cafes
- Casual restaurants
- Fine dining restaurants
The Pavilion Mall is located in the trendy area of Bukit Bintang in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It’s one of the most popular, famous, newest and nicest shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur and combines fashion with food and modern entertainment.
From cupcakes, authentic soba noodles, avocado donuts, Kentucky Fried Chicken, dim sum, fine dining Italian to gourmet Japanese you can find every cuisine and everything imaginable here.
On the table/in the mall:
Madam Kwan’s is one of the casual cafe restaurant located in the food court serving traditional Malaysian favorites.
(The 1st picture are the chocolate danishes from The Loaf)
The Loaf is one of my favourite bakeries ever and this is also located on the ground floor of The Pavilion Mall. It had the most exquisite and delicious pastries and baked goods ever.
West 57th Street Cafe is the epitome of where food meets fashion. Located on level 4 of the Parkson department store at The Pavilion Mall. It is a posh cafe inspired by Zang Toi of The House of Zang Toi in New York City.
West 57th Pandan Cream Cheese Cake with Ice Cream from West 57th Street Cafe.
Here are other things I saw that but I didn’t manage to try.
- John King is a famous egg tart bakery that specializes in baked goods, especially Chinese egg tarts. It’s a franchise that started in Hong Kong, but I didn’t even see one in Hong Kong.
- I think they just call it “John King” instead of “John King’s Egg Tarts” because they started to offer other baked goods.
- Green Tea Tart! Coffee Tart!? I really wish I tried one, but I was on my way to West 57th Street Cafe for their Zang Toi Signature chocolate banana cake and ice cream!
- Apparently John King egg tarts are delicious though. They’re rumored to be the best egg tarts – definitely the most creative flavours in egg tarts I’ve seen.
- They also had black sesame tart, chocolate tarts, and egg tarts with chocolate crispy pearls on them. They’re only RM2 – about $0.67CAD too. I should have bought one…
- J.CO Donuts & Coffee is an international premium donut and coffee franchise shop that started in 2005 in Indonesia.
- There are 50+ J.CO Donuts & Coffee outlets in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and other parts of Asia.
- They have regular donuts as well as creative donuts and coffee flavours.
- Caffe Avocado – “Rich Italian Coffee meets smooth Avocado…Mmm…Perfection!”
- I really don’t know if Caffe Avocado is really “Mmm…Perfection!” – but I would be more than willing to give it a taste test. Maybe on my next trip! (Unless someone in Vancouver picks the idea up!)
- Avocado Docaprio – “The most eligible bachelor only at J.CO Donuts & Coffee! My heart will go on and on after a bite of this delightful avocado and chocolate crunch” (Yeah, I don’t get the description either…?)
- I have no idea how it tastes, but I was very curious. I actually really liked the avocado ice cream from Bao Bei Chinese Brasserie in Vancouver, BC so I think I would like this too.
- They are definitely popular and famous for creative, exotic, unique donut flavours and beverages!