Restaurant: Finest Bake Foods
Item: Top Cookie – Pineapple cookie (Tat Nenas)
Last visited: April 26, 2010
Location: Distributed in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Address: 48, Jalan 16 (Off Jalan Haji Sirat)
Batu Belah, 42100 Klang
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel: 603-3341 7685/8685
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
- Distributed in retailers in Kuala Lumpur
- Great as gifts
- Famous pineapple cookies in Malaysia
**Recommendations: Top Cookie Pineapple cookies (Tat Nenas)
These ‘Top Cookie” pineapple cookies actually originate from the traditional Malaysian pineapple tarts called tat nenas. Tat nenas are popular during Chinese New Year and they are a Malaysian favourite and a great dessert. These pineapple cookies are perfect with tea or coffee too.
My Malaysian friend who lives in Malaysia bought me these delicious cookies as a going away gift. They were great!
On the table:
- It was my 2nd time trying it and it was better than the one from Jenny Bakery in Hong Kong which was already very good!
- It’s a gift so I’m not rating it – but they are delicious! They’re quite addicting because they’re they’re bite size.
- It’s almost like a soft tart or cake cookie more than a cookie.
- The pastry or cookie part is a very soft crumb and it tastes like shortbread in cake form. It’s very buttery and crumbly like a soft buttery pie crust and it has a slightly flaky top.
- The middle is filled with pineapple jam. It’s pretty much freshly dried pineapple pureed into a sticky paste. It’s very soft and you can taste and see the fibres of the pineapple.
- They’re sweet, but not too sweet. It’s naturally sweet from the pineapple.
- They’re very chewy and the crumb is so tender and buttery it just melts in your mouth.
- I would definitely recommend it as a gift – it was hard for me to share.