Restaurant: Timothy’s Frozen Yogurt
Cuisine: Desserts/Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt/Coffee
Last visited: September 1, 2010
Location: Richmond, BC (Steveston Village)
Address: 3800 Bayview St
Price Range: $10 or less
1: Poor 2: OK 3: Good 4: Very good 5: Excellent 6: Tres Excellent!!
- Local, family owned
- Local favourite
- Popular for fresh fruit frozen yogurt
- Fresh, homemade waffle cones
- Homemade Gelato/Sorbet/Coffee/Espresso Bar
- Healthy desserts
- Popular to locals/tourists
- Steveston’s most popular dessert place
- Line-ups/busy in the summer
- Cash only
**Recommendations: Fresh fruit frozen yogurt in homemade waffle cone
Timothy’s Frozen Yogurt & Espresso Bar is an iconic part of Steveston Village in Richmond, BC. It’s located right on the dock, walking distance from the harbour and a great place to go anytime of day. It’s the busiest and most popular dessert place in Steveston, despite the prices being most expensive as well. It attracts locals and tourists and is famous for their fresh fruit frozen yogurt and fresh home made, and hand rolled waffle cones. They also serve gelato, and coffee, but the line-up is always for the frozen yogurt.
It’s not the new age frozen yogurt like Qoola, Tuttimelon, Pinkberry, Blueberry World, Yogurt Planet or Scoop! It doesn’t advertise 100000x’s pro-biotic cultures and zero grams of fat, but it’s simply the traditional good old-fashioned frozen yogurt. The concept is very similar to Yogen Fruz, but with homemade waffle cones!
It’s a bit pricey, but nobody seems to care… ALWAYS get it in the waffle cone. They make them daily on site.
On the table:
**Blueberry Frozen Yogurt – 4.5/6
- Single waffle cone $4.25
- It tastes like regular good old frozen yogurt from Yogen Fruz. It’s thick, creamy, naturally sweet, slightly tangy and always made with fresh fruit.
- My only complaint is that the fruits can have a little freezer burn so when they put it through the machine the texture of the frozen yogurt gets a bit icy with all the ice crystals from the freezer burn.
- It’s really as good as any good frozen yogurt made with this method, but the waffle cones are the key.
- The waffle cones are fresh, hand made, hand rolled and made on site with their waffle irons. It tastes like a fortune cookie, without the almond taste, and they’re not really that sweet at all. They’re crispy and sometimes still warm if you get them during their rush on busy days.
- Marble Slab Ice Creamery also makes their own waffle cones, and it’s a bit sweeter and taste better, but I like this frozen yogurt better than their ice cream (although not really comparable at all).
Raspberry & Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Single waffle cone $4.75