Mijune of Follow Me Foodie on FOOD NETWORK CANADA’S Recipe to Riches!

Mijune of Follow Me Foodie on FOOD NETWORK CANADA’S Recipe to Riches!

To see the Follow Me Foodie Recap of the episode – see here.

Good day! And a good day it is! If you missed my Foodie Friday segment on NEWS 1130AM radio this morning (11am every other Friday) here’s a quick recap!

After months and months of holding it in, I can finally let the cat out of the bag. I’m naturally a very excited person so it was really hard for me to keep this one in. I’m also very sorry for dodging any questions (for those of you who asked for an update about the show), but I had to keep it a secret. I can’t really say anymore than the title of this post, and whatever I said on the radio… but it’s true!

As you may or may not know, I auditioned for Food Network Canada’s new show Recipe to Riches in February, and got my golden ticket! See my experience here. After some tough competition across Canada they narrowed down their 21 finalists and I am incredibly excited and happy to be one of them!

I entered in the Sweet Pies & Puddings category and submitted my Canadian Pie In-A-Jar! There are 7 categories and 7 episodes and each episode will feature one category. My category will be the first episode which airs Wednesday October 19th at 6pm PT/9pm ET on Food Network Canada. I’m excited about the show in general so I’m looking forward to the whole series!

The format of the show is basically American Idol, but for recipes. Instead of Mr. Seacrest, the host is former The Bachelor star Jesse Palmer, and the panel of experts are Laura Calder, host of French Food at Home; Tony Chapman, Founder and CEO of leading advertising agency Capital C; and Dana McCauley, Culinary Director of Janes Family Foods.

For more about the format of Recipe to Riches (@RecipetoRiches), or to see the other finalists and their recipes click here.

Thank you so much for your kind words and continuous support for me and this blog, Follow Me Foodie. I couldn’t do this without you guys! *High five*

xoxo Mijune of Follow Me Foodie

• poop says:

YAY! i’m soooo excited for you!! actually, i’ve been excited for you for months because i just KNEW you made it even though you refused to tell us anything. haha! i love you!!

• Glo says:

At last we can tell the world we know each other! Huge hugs from one vertically challenged foodie to another!

• Shawn says:

Congrats!!!

I’ll be tuning in starting Oct, 19th!!

@poop – lol i twas so hard to stay quiet!! thanks for being there for me!!!!

@Glo – my fellow SWEET PUDDINGS AND PIE CONTESTANT!!!! Finally!!!! That felt really good to say! Now I can’t wait until our episode airs!!! miss you tons!!!

@Shawn – aww thanks Shawn!!

• Linda says:

yay!!!!! so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to tune in to watch you kick some butt ๐Ÿ™‚

• Annie says:

I’ve been following your blog for a long time now although this is my first time commenting. I just wanted to say congratulations and good luck!!

• Gahz says:

Can’t wait to watch it!!!! Proud of you!

• Laura says:

So excited for you! I can’t wait to see the show. I’m sure your recipe took out the Grandmother and the civil servant!

• Jacqueline says:

Wow, can’t wait to see the show! Extremely excited for you ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jayda Home says:

Congratulations Mijune! That’s such an achievement…. I’ve already set my PVR to tape this….. good luck!

• Jen says:

Congrats Mijune!
    It’s always fun to browse through your amazing blog and read about delish food!
    I look forward to seeing the series!!

Jen
    @_jkyw

• You GO GIRL…..so excited for you…i knew that you’re destined for TV. wishing you much success on this and future endeavours!

• Ryan's mommy says:

PVR’d!

@Linda – lol so cute!! I have some tough competition though!

@Annie – aw thanks for commenting annie! Nice to “meet” you!! Thank you for reading and being sooo supportive of my blog!!

@Gahz – thanks gahz! ๐Ÿ™‚ Wish you were here…

@Laura – laura!!!! I’m excited too!! Grandma’s tried, true and tested recipe and a French Canadian cook… I was SO scared!!! lol

@Jacqueline – eeek! I’m excited for the show too!

@Jayda Home – oh wow!! So kind! Winning the show would be amazing, but I still have a long ways to go. Thank you for being awesome Jayda!

@Jen – couldn’t do it without the support of people like YOU!!!

@Mademoiselle Macaron – awww lol you’re too kind!!!! Thank you so much!! You should have entered your macarons!!! Wishing you the best as well!!!

@Ryan’s mommy – :*)

• Kevin says:

Congrats Mijune! Very exciting. I’m looking forward to seeing the show and hearing all about it!

• vivian says:

Very excited for you, congratulations!! You probably already won the judges vote with your charm and good looks and now with a killer pie to top it all off:)) Good luck!

• WS says:

On the FNC website, for the Recipe to Riches show, you’re listed as ‘A food blogger from Surrey, British Columbia.’ Your ‘Follow Me Foodie’ food blog is your full-time gig(that’s your main income)?

@Kevin – aw thanks kevin!! I’m looking forward to the series! ๐Ÿ™‚

@vivian – aww geez!! viv!!! you give me too much credit! I do have some serious competition in my category though… i’ll try my best!! ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxox

@WS – if that’s the information you get ๐Ÿ™‚

• Lucy says:

Congratulations Mijune! I’m so happy for you and I can’t wait to see you on the show.

@Lucy – thank you so much for the support Lucy! It really means a lot!

• Francine says:

So awesome Mijune!! I just watched you today – I was super excited. My mom and I have had it in our calendars since Faye told us. You were hilarious!!! My whole family is in love with you and very proud. Good job girl!

@Francine – Welcome to Follow Me Foodie Francine! *BLUSH* you are sooo sweet and so is the whole Ling family! I can’t believe you all watched!!! Oh my!! Lol.. I can’t believe I said some of those things lol… oh boy. Thank you so much for your support and I’m honoured by your comments!! ๐Ÿ™‚