Photo via Simply Recipes
Merry Christmas Eve Follow Me Foodie Readers!
Follow Me Foodie to Turkey Eggs Benedict on Stuffing “Biscuits” Recipe!
Merry Christmas Eve Follow Me Foodie Readers! We’re only a day away and I’m already thinking about leftovers. I made a version of this Turkey Eggs Benedict on Stuffing “Biscuit” last year and I plan to do it again this year.
It’s really a no brainer and who really has the energy to do something fancy the day after Christmas? Most of us are either tired from cooking, hung over, or still full, but you still have leftovers and hopefully you’re not going to waste them! If you’re hungover, this recipe will be perfect too. I’m fine with eating leftovers as is, but why not have a little fun? My following recipe is low maintenance, hearty, comforting, indulgent, and will help clean your fridge… and if not, then invite me over.
PS: If you need some inspiration for your turkey stuffing you can refer to: Follow Me Foodie to Christmas & Holiday Turkey Stuffing Recipes. If you still need a Christmas dessert I also have my recipe for Eggnog & Rum Custard Filled Beignets.
Note: My measurements are rough estimates, so please adjust accordingly.
Turkey Eggs Benedict on Stuffing “Biscuits”
- 4 cups leftover stuffing
- 6 poached or fried eggs
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Hollandaise sauce (Use your favourite recipe)
- 2 cups cooked cut up or sliced turkey
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy
- 4 slices Christmas ham (optional)
- 4 slices of bacon (optional)
- Form patties with leftover stuffing. If you don’t have enough stuffing, you can use some mashed potatoes. This will be your “biscuit”.
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Put panko crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil on a medium-high skillet.
- Dip patties into the egg mixture and then lightly bread both sides with panko crumbs.
- Fry the stuffing patties on both side until brown and the middle is hot. Remove from pan and blot with paper towel.
- Spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce over stuffing biscuit.
- On medium-high heat cook the turkey and turkey gravy until hot.
- Top the stuffing biscuit with turkey and gravy. If you have leftover Christmas ham or bacon, feel free to add it on top at this point.
- Place the poached egg or fried egg on top.
- Drizzle with hollandaise… and thank me later 🙂