Photo via Eating Out Loud
Merry Christmas Follow Me Foodie Readers!
Follow Me Foodie to Turkey Spring Rolls with Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Merry Christmas Follow Me Foodie readers! I hope you got everything you wanted and more, but most importantly I hope you get fed really well tonight. At this point you’re either really excited for your turkey dinner or you’re actually getting a bit tired of them. And if you’re like me, you’re already looking forward to the leftovers, hence why I keep thinking of recipes! Well whichever it is, you’re likely going to have leftovers… and if you don’t, then whoever was in charge didn’t make a big enough turkey!
So you probably plan on making that classic day after Christmas sandwich with turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce, but after a while that might get kind of old too. So what else can you do? Well, yesterday I posted a recipe for Turkey Eggs Benedict on a Stuffing “Biscuit” and today is something new!
This recipe is very simple and it’s a bit East meets West. It’s a switch up on a basic spring roll, and it works well as an appetizer. The best part is you can even freeze them! Wow, how 30 minute meals of me!
Note: My measurements are rough estimates, so please adjust accordingly.
Turkey Spring Rolls with Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 6 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp apples
- 1 tbsp Golden raisins
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- You can deep fry or bake them. If you bake them, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets.
- Heat the oils and cook the turkey on medium-high heat. Stir in the gravy and cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the turkey is hot and the cabbage is tender.
- In another skillet heat the stuffing until hot. Moisten with gravy if necessary.
- Fill egg roll wrappers with a spoonful of turkey and cabbage mixture and a spoonful of stuffing. Make sure turkey and cabbage mixture is not wet and refrain from using excess liquid.
- Wrap the spring roll and fold tightly. Place the spring rolls fold down on baking sheets or deep fry them.
- Bake the spring rolls in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until ready.
- Sautee all the cranberry chutney ingredients in a sauce pan and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring occasionally. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes or until desired thickness and consistency.
- Serve the spring rolls with dip.