Miku Restaurant – Aburi Salmon Oshi Sushi
2011 Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Yearblog
Happy New Year! Welcome to my Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Best of 2011! This is a recap and yearbook/yearblog of the BEST Follow Me Foodie (FMF) Food and FMF Foodie Moments in 2011.
I wrote a Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Best of 2010, so I decided to do another one this year. I don’t even know where to start. It’s been a crazy year, and I’m so grateful for everything that has happened with this blog. I’ve loved every minute of it (even the parts where it hurt to laugh because I was so full) and I’m so happy to have shared these delicious moments with you. Thank you for following me foodie and cheers to another year of gastronomic indulgence!
NOTE: IT’S NOT NECESSARILY “THE BEST“, BECAUSE FOOD IS PERSONAL AND I CAN ONLY DISCOVER SO MUCH IN A YEAR. THESE ARE JUST SOME WORTH MENTIONING IN MY BOOKS… OR BLOG? BLOG. IT’S MORE OF A 2011 RECAP/SUMMARY. ALL EXPERIENCES ARE FROM 2011 ONLY.
Top 20 BEST ASIAN/FUSION Restaurant Dishes & Food in Vancouver:
Being in Vancouver, we’re spoiled by great Asian/Asian Fusion cuisine, so I decided to make it a separate category. Vancouver dominates and excels when it comes to Asian/Asian fusion cuisine.
Listed in no particular order. Based on the menu item, not the restaurant.
1. Suika – Beef Short Rib
2. Aki Japanese Restaurant – Black Cod (Sable Fish)
3. Pho Tam – House Special Pho
4. Wing Kee – Fresh Steamed Scallops with Vermicelli and Garlic
5. Dan Japanese – Tuna Chili Sashimi
6. Wang’s Beef Noodle House – Beef Brisket Noodle
7. Kirin Seafood Restaurant – Black Cod Braised with Squash and Roasted Pork Belly
8. Jade Seafood Restaurant – Steamed Mushroom Dumpling
9. Rainflower Restaurant – Pan Fried Tiger Prawns with Basil
10. Tokyo Joe’s Sushi Factory – Volcano Roll
11. Empire Chinese Cuisine – Alaskan King Crab Dinner – 4 ways
12. Red Star Seafood – Dungeness Crab with Wild Rice
13. Motomachi Shokudo – Bamboo-Charcoal Dark Miso Ramen
14. Tokachi Japanese – Tuna Gomaae
15. Empire Chinese Cuisine – Deep Fried Alaskan King Crab Knuckles
16. Ichiro Japanese – Dragon Roll
17. Delicious Cuisine – Deep Fried Shrimp with Salted Egg Yolk
18. Hapa Izakaya (Kistilano) – Salmon Shooter
19. Suhang Restaurant – Steamed Soup Buns with Pork Filling (XLB)
20. Jade Seafood Restaurant – Jade Smoked Grandpa Chicken