Making Croissants at Bouchon in Las Vegas
2011 Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Yearblog
Happy New Year! Welcome to my Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Best of 2011! This is a recap and yearbook/yearblog of the BEST Follow Me Foodie (FMF) Food and FMF Foodie Moments in 2011.
I wrote a Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Best of 2010, so I decided to do another one this year. I don’t even know where to start. It’s been a crazy year, and I’m so grateful for everything that has happened with this blog. I’ve loved every minute of it (even the parts where it hurt to laugh because I was so full) and I’m so happy to have shared these delicious moments with you. Thank you for following me foodie and cheers to another year of gastronomic indulgence!
NOTE: IT’S NOT NECESSARILY “THE BEST“, BECAUSE FOOD IS PERSONAL AND I CAN ONLY DISCOVER SO MUCH IN A YEAR. THESE ARE JUST SOME WORTH MENTIONING IN MY BOOKS… OR BLOG? BLOG. IT’S MORE OF A 2011 RECAP/SUMMARY. ALL EXPERIENCES ARE FROM 2011 ONLY.
Top 25 Most Memorable/BEST Dishes Internationally:
At the 5th day of the opening for the first ever Ladurée in the United States in New York
Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee on Blue Mountain, Jamaica
Food is undeniably a focus when I’m traveling. This year I was grateful to take Follow Me Foodie to Bowen Island, Seattle, Las Vegas, New York, Portland, Los Angeles, Montreal, Quebec City and Jamaica. Here are some of my best international indulgences this year. So Follow Me Foodie to some of my favourite foods and restaurants abroad with just one click!
Listed in no particular order. Based on the menu item, not the restaurant.
1. Pine State Biscuits – The Reggie Deluxe Biscuit Sandwich – Portland, Oregon
2. Pambiche – Masitas – Portland, Oregon
3. Local 360 – Fried Chicken – Seattle, Washington
4. Beecher’s Handmade Cheese Cafe – World’s Best” Mac & Cheese – Seattle, Washington
5. Nove Italiano – Shrimp Francaise – Las Vegas, Nevada
6. Bouchon – Truite Grenobloise – Las Vegas, Nevada
7. Traif – Crispy Pork Belly – Brooklyn, New York
8. The Spotted Pig – Gnudi – Manhattan, New York
9. Katz Deli – Pastrami Sandwich on Rye – Manhattan, New York
10. Jean-Georges – Manhattan, New York
11. BonChon Chicken – BonChon Chicken Wings – Manhattan, New York
12. Peasant – Cannolichi, Suckling Pig (Porchetta) – Manhattan, New York
13. Boqueria – Croquetas Cremosas – Manhattan, New York
14. Blue Hill – Chilled Corn Soup, Berkshire Pig – Manhattan, New York
15. Scotchies – Jerk Chicken – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
16. Blue Mountain Coffee – Blue Mountain, Jamaica
17. Schwartz’s – Smoked Meat Sandwich – Montreal, Quebec
18. Le St-Urbain – Coffee Glazed Sweetbread – Montreal, Quebec
19. Van Horne – Melon Canari (Canary Melon) – Montreal, Quebec
20. Le Bremner – Kimchi Snow Crab, Lobster Toast Au Gratin – Montreal, Quebec
21. Café Clocher Penché – Duck Confit – Quebec City, Quebec
22. Laurie Raphaël – Apple Crumble, Carrot Cake – Quebec City, Quebec
23. La Traite – Wendake, Quebec
24. Au Goût d’Autrefois (Dining at the Duck Farm), Quebec
25. North End Caffe – Kahlua Pig Egg Rolls – Los Angeles, California