2011 Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Yearblog
Happy New Year! Welcome to my Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Best of 2011! This is a recap and yearbook/yearblog of the BEST Follow Me Foodie (FMF) Food and FMF Foodie Moments in 2011.
I wrote a Follow Me Foodie Favourites & Best of 2010, so I decided to do another one this year. I don’t even know where to start. It’s been a crazy year, and I’m so grateful for everything that has happened with this blog. I’ve loved every minute of it (even the parts where it hurt to laugh because I was so full) and I’m so happy to have shared these delicious moments with you. Thank you for following me foodie and cheers to another year of gastronomic indulgence!
NOTE: IT’S NOT NECESSARILY “THE BEST“, BECAUSE FOOD IS PERSONAL AND I CAN ONLY DISCOVER SO MUCH IN A YEAR. THESE ARE JUST SOME WORTH MENTIONING IN MY BOOKS… OR BLOG? BLOG. IT’S MORE OF A 2011 RECAP/SUMMARY. ALL EXPERIENCES ARE FROM 2011 ONLY.
Top 15 Most Memorable/BEST Restaurant DESSERTS in Vancouver:
Of course I had to have a dessert category! I probably eat as many desserts as I do savoury courses. I had better luck finding great desserts in the city this year than last. Sweeten up your day with these!
Listed in no particular order. Based on the menu item, not the restaurant.
2. Miku Restaurant – Blueberry-Lavender Coconut Cream Tart
3. Fratelli Bakery- Saint Honoré Cake
4. Kitchening with Carly – Almond Macaron with Rosemary Salted Caramel and Vanilla Cream
5. Chef Kev Cookies & Chocolate – Gluten Free Marzipan Ginger Cookies
6. TacoFino Cantina – Chocolate Diablo Cookie
7. Savary Island Pie Company – Lemon Buttermilk Pie
8. Be ‘wiched Cafe – Triple Cream Cheese Citrus Bar
9. Faubourg – Lemon Tart
10. Café Régalade – Monaco Torte
11. Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill – Olive Oil
13. Gorilla Food – Avocado Pie
14. Seasonal 56 – Squash Ice Cream and Ginger Cookie Sandwich
15. Thomas Haas – Stollen