(L-R) Back: Julian Bond, Jay Jones, John Neate Jr. Front: Hart House GM Edwyn Kumar (on behalf of Paul Smolen), Joy Metcalfe, Caren McSherry, Christine Coletta, Ernst Dorfler, Jeff Donnelly, Sean Heather, BC Chef Edgar Rahal (on behalf of Wally Shaw).
By Mijune Pak , Follow Me Foodie – WE Vancouver
Published: October 03, 2013 12:00 PM
Updated: October 03, 2013 12:54 PM
The 9th Annual BC Restaurant Hall of Fame Gala took place on September 30 at the Italian Cultural Centre, and 11 of BC’s restaurateurs, chefs, bartenders, pioneers, and industry leaders were inducted.
The awards recognize individuals making an impact on the culinary scene. Professional and personal accomplishments make them candidates for this prestigious award.
The inductees represent a range of ages, industry professions, and experience (this year ranging from 17-40+ years). It was an honour to be in the same room as the inductees — and their peers — who have worked hard to make BC a global culinary destination.
Although the awards cover all of BC, many of the inductees were from Metro Vancouver. Our city is lucky to have such talented individuals supporting the restaurant industry. I commend the inductees for their passion and hard work. Read the full article and see the 11 inductees of 2013.
See more Follow Me Foodie stories from Mijune in the WE Vancouver:
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: The “Forget-Me-Nots” of Vancouver’s restaurant scene
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Wild BC spot prawn season begins
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: The best thing I ever ate…
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Gentrification and Vancouver’s DTES
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Cooking up a career
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Father’s Day for Vancouver foodies
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Sushi 101: Part 2 – Try the nigiri
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Sushi 101: Part 2 – How to use comdiments
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Sushi 101: Part 3 – How to eat it
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Vancouver Food Cart Fest
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Vancouver’s High on Pie
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: What is the definition of local?
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Why Mijune Pak writes about negative experiences.
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Hog Wild in Whistler
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Looking for “authentic” food or authenticity in food
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Modern VS Authentic Ramen
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: We All Scream for Ice Cream
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Sous vide’s stock rising to the top
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Fresh from your local BC farm
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: Evolution of the Stilton Cheesecake
- FOLLOW ME FOODIE: The Art of Sausage Making