The Wine Chicken and Crispy Rice with Salted Egg Yolk at Long’s Noodle House on Main Street are among some of Mijune’s favourite versions of the Shanghainese cuisine. Mijune Pak photos — Mijune Pak
Main Street’s top Asian offerings
Mijune Pak — Westender
March 27, 2014 11:24 AM
Every foodie, food-hipster, and food enthusiast has their eye on Main Street. It’s more than an up-and-coming area because it’s already quite happening. It’s always had a neighbourhood feel and eclectic charm, and it’s where old things become new again.
From independent cafés, casual and affordable eateries, and even some sophisticated choices, it’s an area worth exploring any time and day of the week.
While most people are anticipating the new and “coming soon” restaurants (I am too), I can’t help but to bring attention to the local favourites. They might not come up on everyone’s radar, but if you’re on top of Vancouver’s Asian food scene then you’re familiar with my following recommendations.
I tend to gravitate towards Richmond when it comes to Asian food cravings, specifically Chinese, but Vancouver has some competition. The city’s massive Asian population makes our Asian food scene well known in North America, and some of my favourite Asian dishes are found on Main Street. – Read my full article and see my recommendations.
See my other WE articles:
- Follow Me Foodie: New Year, New Food.
- Follow Me Foodie: lighten up with these low(er)-cal alternatives
- Follow Me Foodie: Do’s and don’ts of Dine Out Vancouver
- Follow Me Foodie: The ‘real deal’ on Dine Out Vancouver menus
- Follow Me Foodie: Symbolic foods to usher in Chinese New Year
- Follow Me Foodie: Mexican Food in Vancouver
- Follow Me Foodie: Valentines for the Vancouver singles
- Follow Me Foodie: How to handle diners’ complaints
- Follow Me Foodie: Vancouver’s first 100% Ocean Wise sushi
- Follow Me Foodie: Should food photography be allowed?
- Follow Me Foodie: New York’s hidden gems & underrated restaurants