Note: Aircraft photo taken at YVR airport, whilst aircraft on the ground during cockpit tour from Cathay Pacific’s first officer/co-pilot.
Follow Me Foodie to New York:
The 15 #FMFinNY Contest Questions of the Day & Answers
The Winner of 2 Cathay Pacific Tickets to New York!
Here are the 15 contest questions and answers from the Follow Me Foodie to New York series.
Just over 1000 people entered to win 2 Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Tickets to New York!
How many food photos appear in the video above?
Answer: 33 photos + 1 food photo on Modernist Cuisine book cover.
Videography: Justin, Steve and Gabe of ThreeSixtyPhoto • Make up artist: Anita Lee • Hair Stylist: Victoria Kuzma • Food photography: Brenda Lowe & Cliff Hammerschmidt. Flight attendant: Penny Chan.
What restaurant is this? This is the chef.
Clue: Awesome craft beers and it’s in Brooklyn with 24-28 seats. 1 year old up and coming restaurant.
Answer: Luksus at Tørst (Chef Daniel Burns)
Where am I having brunch/lunch in New York?
Clue: Spotted Neil Patrick Harris at their sister restaurant.
Answer: ABC Kitchen
Having dinner here tonight. Which Vancouver chef graduated from here?
Clue: He cooks delicious Thai food in Vancouver now.
Answer: Chef Angus An of Maenam
Where is my last New York dining experience?
Clue: Chef was a pastry chef first and the cocktails focus of mezcal and tequila.
Answer: Empellón Cocina
Where did I escape to tonight? If you win, put this on your must do list.
Answer: The Raines Law Room
I’m releasing a photo every 5 minutes. First one to guess where I am gets an additional 5 entries.
Photo #1: This signature plate was delicious…
Photo #2: Spice up your night with a little Asian flair…
Photo #3: This is my better half.
Photo #4: It’s only a few subway stops away.
Photo #5: Only hours away from Vancouver. Catch the red eye on board Cathay Pacific’s Premium Economy Class to try this Northern Thai restaurant.
Photo #6: A happy ending 😉
Answer: Somtum Der
BONUS round! A night cap, brunch or dinner. You can find me in my heels upstairs in the #LES.
Answer: Stanton Social
Where in the world is Follow Me Foodie? Name the specific restaurant.
Arigatou gozaimasu. #NewYorkCity
Answer: Zenkichi Modern Japanese
What year did Cathay Pacific become a client of Do&Co Event and Airline Catering?
Name 5 iconic New York dishes from this menu.
Answer: Black and white cookies, Beef Tartar, Pastrami sandwich, Waldorf Salad, Baked Alaska or Pretzel
Name the 4 chefs mentioned in this post.
Answer: Alex Stupak, Grant Achatz, Wylie Dufresne, Jean-Georges Vongerichten
How many New York restaurants and eateries are named in this post.
Video credit: Sean Burke
1) Which restaurants are the food photos in the video taken at? The photos came from 10 restaurants/bars during #FMFinNY.
Answer: The Flatiron Room, Luksus, Empellon, Somtum Der, Per Se, Zenkichi, Charlie Bird, Analogue, Shake Shack, Taïm
2) Name all the New York landmarks I was at in the video.
Answer: Freedom Tower, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Times Square
And the winner of 2 Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Class round-trip tickets from Vancouver (YVR) to New York (JFK) is…
Thank you all for entering and playing Follow Me Foodie to New York!
Follow Me Foodie to New York articles:
- Follow Me Foodie to New York! Enter to win 2 tickets from Vancouver to NYC with Cathay Pacific!
- Tour of Do&Co Event and Airline Catering in New York
- Follow Me Foodie to New York: Big Apple’s hidden gems & underrated restaurants
- New York – Interview with Cathay Pacific’s Foodie-Flight Attendant: Cynthia Tsang
- New York – An interview with Daniel Humm & dining at Eleven Madison Park
- Manhattan, New York – Empellón Cocina by Alex Stupak
- New York – An interview with Dan Kluger & dining at ABC Kitchen with Jean-Georges
- Follow Me Foodie to New York: Restaurants, bars, food & drinks worth flying for!
- Follow Me Foodie to New York Recap (Video) – Enter to win 2 tickets from Vancouver to NYC with Cathay Pacific!
- See all Follow Me Foodie to New York posts