Shiro Miso Toro Aburi – Fresh toro marinated in white miso and junmai ginjo sake, layered with rice, flame seared, and topped with chili flakes and key lime slivers at Bistro Sakana. (One of my favourite pressed sushi in Vancouver along with the Aburi Salmon Oshi Sushi and Aburi Saba Oshi Sushi at Minami.)
Follow Me Foodie to the 10th Annual Taste of Yaletown!
This year marks the 10th Annual Taste of Yaletown!
From October 16-30th selective Yaletown restaurants will be offering $25, $35 or $45 price fixe menus.
While it’s a good time to explore a new restaurant you’ve been wanting to try in the area, it’s also an opportunity for the restaurant to try out something new. Some restaurants will be serving special features exclusive to the event and others will be serving their regular dishes, but at a discount with the Taste of Yaletown menu.
A portion of the profits raised from Taste of Yaletown is donated to The Greater Vancouver Food Bank which they have helped raised over $100 000 for since starting the event.
The list of participating restaurants for Taste of Yaletown 2014:
- Bistro Sakana
- Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Cactus Club Café
- DD Mau
- George Ultra Lounge
- Glowbal Grill
- Good Wolf Kitchen and Bar
- Hamilton Street Grill
- Hapa Izakaya
- Honjin Sushi
- Hurricane Grill
- La Pentola della Quercia
- Minami Restaurant
- The New Oxford
- The Parlour
- Provence Marinaside
- Raw Canvas
- Salad Works
- Simply Thai
- Urban Fare
- Urban Thai Bistro
- West Oak
- Yaletown Brewing Company
- Yaletown L’Antipasto
Please visit www.yaletowninfo.com for menu details from each restaurant. Join in on the conversation online using the official Taste of Yaletown hashtag: #TOY2014
Please keep in mind my following “rules” for events like these.
Follow Me Foodie’s Taste of Yaletown Contest!
I’m giving away 3 gift cards ($50 each) to dine at 3 of the participating Taste of Yaletown restaurants. The restaurant gift certificates have already been pre-selected by The Yaletown Business Improvement Association and they can be used at your own convenience.
How to enter:
1) Comment on this post with your favourite restaurant in Yaletown OR participating TOY restaurant you want to try.
Note: The gift certificate may not reflect your answer.
3) “LIKE” the Follow Me Foodie Facebook Fanpage and comment with your favourite restaurant in Yaletown OR participating TOY restaurant you want to try.
CONTEST CLOSES OCTOBER 15, 11:59PM.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest open to Canadian residents.
2. FollowMeFoodie.com retains the right to approve entries.
3. Prize not negotiable, cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
4. Allow 15 days for prize delivery.
5. If winner does not respond within 30 days of the closing date of the contest another winner will be selected.