So what does this mean? Recipes with eggs, photos of popped yolks, celebrations for golden rivers of flowing yolks, an adoration for perfectly poached eggs etc. etc.? Yes, yes, and yes! All of the above… so more or less no change from my usual. It’s an effortless match.
To kick off the launch here is my recipe for Baked Eggs in Avocado. It’s an easy recipe anyone can do at home and it doesn’t even require many ingredients. It’s more of a method, and it’s something you can get creative with. It’s also healthy with 6 grams of protein and 9 essential amino acids in the egg alone.
Looking forward to seeing your #EggcentricTV photos!
Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
By Mijune Pak
Photos by Brenda Lowe
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
Topping recommendations: Ikura, cheese, bacon, sesame seeds, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut ripe avocado in half. Pit avocado.
3. Hollow out some of the avocado and set aside. Scoop out just enough avocado so that an egg can sit inside.
4. Line a baking pan with tin foil and place the avocados (hollowed side facing up) on the sheet.
5. With another piece of tin foil, scrunch it around the avocado forming a nest so that it sits nicely in place. This will also help with any overflow of egg.
6. Crack an egg into each of the hollowed out avocados.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake avocados in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how runny you like your yolk. For softer egg yolks I recommend 10-12 minutes.
9. Remove avocados from the oven and top with your choice of ingredients.
10. Eat with toast.