To be honest I’ve never celebrated National Pizza Day, but with the help from Delissio I hosted a pizza night with friends. I’m all for making pizza doughs from scratch, but there isn’t always time, and with premade and assembled pizzas it makes this a lot easier. And with the crazy amount of snow in Vancouver this year, nights at home don’t look so bad!
For my pizza night at home I decorated their Rustico stone-baked thin crust pizzas with some of my favourite toppings: spicy soppressata Calabrese, Prosciutto Di Parma, capicollo, grana padano, fior di latte and burrata and anchovies to start.
The pizzas actually come with a fair amount of toppings already, so I ended up eating most my toppings as is. The good thing about these toppings is that it’s good quality charcuterie so enjoyable alone.
The Delissio Rustico pizzas are available in eight flavours:
1) Greek – A taste of the Mediterranean on a stone-baked thin crust. Feta-style cheese, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, black olives and red onions. A pizza night just for you.
2) Four Cheese – A Tuscan hillside getaway is only 12 minutes away… at 425ºF. The perfect blend of mozzarella, emmental, parmesan and blue cheese.
3) Mushroom – A slice of this stone-baked thin sourdough crust with mushrooms and our finest cheeses (edam, provolone and parmesan cheeses) is perfect for you… and your jammies.
4) Tuscan Chicken – Some nights are meant to be spent with a glass of white, your favourite show, and a slice of stone-baked thin sourdough crust topped with marinated chicken, roasted red peppers, red onions, green onions, and mozzarella.
5) Fresh Spinach – A Tuscan hillside getaway is only 12 minutes away… at 425ºF. Crisp spinach, red onion, mozzarella and provolone, all on a stone-baked thin sourdough crust.
6) Margherita – A simple “me-time” pizza night deserves a simple and delicious slice of pizza. Sun-ripened tomatoes, our finest mozzarella, provolone and aromatic basil, all on a stone-baked thin sourdough crust.
7) Pepperoni Diavolo – Experience a pizza so inspired by Italy you can almost taste the accent! We topped a stone baked sourdough crust with pesto, grated mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced pepperoni, and sweet red peppers.
8) Grilled Vegetables – Nothing says movie night pizza night like a slice of stone-baked thin sourdough crust topped with grilled peppers (red and yellow), zucchini, chopped onion, hot peppers, edam, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
This post is sponsored by Delissio.